Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Experience

     I have had many great and some very horrible customer experiences in my life. My most memorable customer experience happened at Sam Ash, the music store. I was in the store one day browsing around the various guitars they had hanging on the walls and on the guitar stands all around the store. After playing well over half of the guitars on the floor I stumbled across a beautiful blue Ibanez Prestige RG. I played the guitar for hours and it felt like it was custom built for my hands. Everything that I played on it felt effortless and it sounded better than any other guitar that I have ever played. I knew that I had to have it. After what felt like an eternity of playing I finally decided to ask the manager what price he could do on it. After some small talk and debating about the price, he decided to knock over 800 dollars off of the list price of the guitar on top of throwing in a guitar case that was custom molded to fit the guitar perfectly. I really could not believe that he did that for me, it felt like he really cared about my happiness more than whether or not he could make money off of me. Not many stores offer that level of commitment to their customers, especially to one that has never bought anything more than guitar strings from them. I will never shop at another music store again. No other store has the amazing selection or the great prices that Sam Ash has. I left with the guitar that day and it has not left my hands since. Needless to say, this was the best customer experience I have ever had and I hope to have many more with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment