Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

     My career as an audio professional started when I was about thirteen years old. I had a guitar teacher who also had a huge interest in audio production on top of playing guitar. He came over to my house one day with a copy of the DAW Reaper along with some plugins and a spare audio interface that he had laying around his house. That was the day that my life changed forever; I quickly became obsessed with audio production and recording music. I spent endless hours recording by myself in my room and writing music. Once I joined a band, we decided that we wanted to record an album and I was going to produce it. I was in way over my head and i had no idea where to start but eight months later Monarch was born. Once the album was released I had many local bands asking me to produce albums for them. I took on a couple projects outside of my own band and I quickly realized that I want to do this for the rest of my life. I applied for the Art Institute not long after because I want to learn everything that I can about audio production and become a professional. At this point I have multiple albums released both with my own band and with other bands that I have produced and I am having the time of my life. I feel like I am really starting to develop my own sound and I can not wait to see where life takes me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment