Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

    I believe that I am a Millennial for many reasons. The first reason would be my age: "Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million." (Pg 73 of textbook). As the quote from the online textbook states, I fall into the age range of the Millennials because I was born in 1996. "One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology." (Pg 74 of textbook). I feel that I fall into the Millennial demographic because I am very fluent with technology. I grew up with computers and video games as many other Millennials did so I think that this quote is true for many people. Finally, many companies have begun to target Millennials differently than any other demographic group. "An example is Peapod, the nation’s leading Internet grocer. Using Peapod, instead of trekking to the grocery store, battling traffic, and waiting in line, busy working moms and dads can simply buy their groceries online." (Pg 75 of textbook). Companies like Peapod appeal to Millennials by allowing them to shop online instead of having to take time out of their day to physically get up and go to the store. I feel that I am a Millennial because I was born within the years that all other Millennials were born in and I follow many of the stereotypes that other Millennials follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment